27 September 2012

Around here- September edition










I think I say this every month but I honestly cannot believe how fast September has moved! It feels only yesterday we were still in summer and now the cold of Autumn really has set in.

From Top: Dad and I went on a church retreat to the most gorgeous house in the welsh valleys at the beginning of the month. Experimenting with strong light and shadow contrast in my photos. Making new pillow covers to take away with me- I really love how the stamping turned out on this one. Our housewarming party; a great photo op! Trying out my hand at taking pictures of the boys dog. A tutorial that never made it to the blog as it was a bit of a flop! September will stick in my mind as the month of the three day quilt. Taking some new self portraits to update the blog (have you noticed?) Playing around with sewing zips.

What a month! What has yours looked like?

For clarification, around here photos are images I collect together towards the end of the month. The stray images, the orphaned ones. Those left on the end of a memory card or taken for a blog post yet not quite made it on. They sum up my month better than any words can! 

5 comments:

Sian said...

You have got me thinking about playing around with sewing in zips - it's something I need to get a lot better at.

Karen said...

I haven't put in a zipper in years. I used to make many of my clothes as well as my children's but then it got more expensive to sew than to buy ready-made. I love your photos. The self-portrait is just wonderful. A great way to sum up the month.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love that first photo and the one of you and the boy.
Rinda

Abbie said...

Beautiful photographs!

Lou said...

a lovely summary of your month x