11 March 2012

Clay

I have been playing with clay. It was something I did when I was small and always enjoyed. There is something hugely satisfying about turning a lump of- for want of a better word- mud, into something that has a life of its own.

I am no expert and my initial attempts at creating a human being were, to say the least, interesting! What do you mean, one leg? But after much perseverance I created something that I was happy with.

I had in my head a very definite idea of what I wanted to create which I think made it harder. The woman was easier to create in that I was able to get the proportions correct, where as the man was much harder to build up.

From a constant process of adding and taking away and sculpting the clay, I worked out that it was easier to create a torso first and then deal with the arms and legs.

I am so happy with this first attempt. I think a few pinterest clay projects may be coming up soon!

What have you been up to this weekend?


Thanks for stopping by

No comments: